Thursday, July 19, 2012

Gram Emerson

Here is a picture of my Grammy Diane Emerson.



She was a great women not perfect but who is? She raise seven children the youngest being twins. My mom is the second oldest and her second daughter. I have found out that Gram is very crafty. Not only has she done her scrap booking but she has made stuffys crocheting. In fact I believe i have one she made its a two sided doll, it is little red riding hood one side then you flip it over and bring the dress down and its a wolf or bear...i forget. She also was into baking pastries. I would have loved to taste some of those!



Growing up with Gram we did lots of things! We used to go to Hermit Island with her and Grampa and my aunts family. Gram and Gramp always got a camp site a little ways from the rest of us so they could have some privacy and quiet with all us kids...

Grammy loved the ocean. When I turned nine I got to go to her house for the week! We picked up one of my cousins and headed to the ocean.


The past year and a half will be my most cherished memories of her! She got to see my first born and got to spend so much time with her! We visited almost every week so I could clean her house or scrapbook my sweet girls first year of life! Gram was meme to all the great grand kids. My daughter said it once the night before we went up. She may not remember her Meme but she will know that she was loved by her.



We have memories that will be saved and put in her scrapbook. I will write stories of how she and Meme used to scrapbook together. My little girl would paint on memes table! The blue wont come out now.

It was hard to lose Gram she was so dear to all of us. There is one thing that is so great to know! I will see her again! She is in heaven. She kept telling us she wanted to go home and that shed see us again. I may not have gotten to see her in her last days as much as I wanted But she knows I love her and I know she loved me and my children. 

Gram will deffenetly be missed. She will be missed everyday but especialy at this years cookout and when my new little one is born and shes not there to hold it. She will be watching the whole time though :)

AUBURN — Diane M. Emerson, 66, of Farmington passed away Friday, July 13, at the Androscoggin Hospice House.

She was born in Augusta on April 5, 1946, the daughter of Leonel J. and Loretta P. Ouellette Gervais. She was educated in the schools of Augusta.

Diane married James Emerson in 1961 and they raised seven children. She was a graduate of University of Maine at Farmington.Over the years, she tutored adults, worked at Forsters Mfg., and worked as a home care provider for the remainder of her career. She was a member of the Church of the Nazarene and the Red Hat Society, and she was proud to receive the honor of "Mother of the Year" from the Emblem Club back in the early 1990s. Diane enjoyed crafts, especially scrapbooking, gardening and reading, and everyone else enjoyed her baking.

She is survived by her husband of 50 years, Jim; two daughters, Loriann Crockett and her husband, Larone, of Strong, Dawn Welch and her husband, Rodney "Buddy," of Woodstock; five sons, Peter and his wife, Penny, of Starks, Shawn and his wife, Karen, of Norway, Troy and his wife, Beth, of Texas, Jamie and his wife, Dayna, of Bangor, and Dale of Thomaston; 29 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; two sisters, Paullette and Julie; her brother, Glen; her stepmother, Glenna; many nieces, nephews, and cousins; and a sister-in-law, Barbara Gervais.

She was predeceased by her parents; a granddaughter, Rhiannon; and her brother, Henry.

1 comment: